Skip to main content
List Manager logo
List Manager Forum

What code I should use to Custom Validation in the column to check if the entered data is already exist in the database table or not?

User aliwari

Hi LMS Team,

Would you please tell me how can I configure a form column to check the user entered data before filling up the whole form and save it, I mean what code I should add in the Fields/Columns/Custom Validation to check if the entered data during filling the form is already exist in the database table or not? and if it's exist, the column should show a sign during filling time such as turning red or something like that.
I did configured one column as unique, so user can't entered the same data on the same filed. but the user will not know about it until he/she save it.


Regards



Ali

Moonsoft support

Hi,
that function would require to perform a validation at the server side, querying the database and going back to the form, so this is a task you can't code using javascript at the front-end with the custom validation parameter. For that kind of operation you would need to ask a developer to build a server-side method able to do that, and also code the javascript part at the 'custom validation' field, calling the server and handling the response.

Best regards

User aliwari

Hi,

Oh I see

Thanks you


Ali

...
Support/development

Perfect for small code changes or to correct any bug at your site

Buy now!
...
Support/development 10 hours

Get a bigger amount of hours for more complex tasks and get a 10% discount

Buy now!