List Manager Forum

Link to search result

User bonnielass 2018-08-15 10:04:24

Can I link to an entry directly or link to a search result? I can't find any information about this.

Example:

I have a list of fruit.

Apple
Orange
Pear

How can I link directly to orange entry or at least link to listmanager already filtered only to show orange?

Moonsoft support 2018-08-15 16:20:05

Hi,
you could use the option 'views' in order to create a filtered table using your preferred criteria. Here the detailed information on how to configure:

https://www.moonsoft.es/easyblog/entry/35-using-views

Hope this helps, regards

User bonnielass 2018-08-17 09:08:54

Does this mean that I have to make a view for every detail I want to link directly to? I'm asking because I recently moved a database to Listmanager and now I have a lot of dead links to entries I was hoping to fix. And creating thousands of views doesn't seem like a good idea.

Moonsoft support 2018-08-17 10:16:34

Hi,
sorry but we don't understand which are those 'dead links' you comment, and what are you trying to achieve. The way to create a direct access to a filtered table is as we explained above, create a view and configure the filter. If the 'link/origin' is inside another list manager table, so you have a list and you have a column you want to link to another list filtered by one matching destination column, then you can 'link' both tables using the 'Link to other table' options at the field configuration. This will allow you configure the 'origin' field selecting other table, the field you want to match, and the way to display the result (rows filtered of the destination table or record detail if you only expect one single match)

Hope this helps, regards

Support/development

Perfect for small code changes or to correct any bug at your site

Buy now!
Support/development 40 hours

With the peace of mind of having a professional team at your service (20% discount)

Buy now!