Skip to main content
List Manager logo
List Manager Forum

How to remove duplicate entries from Option List

User liam.baker

Hello,

First of all, thank you for your support so far.

I have a query regarding the optionlist list. I currently have a field which populates its data from another list using the following SQL code:

select value,value from #__listmanager_values where idfield=1

My problem is, as the original list builds up I have multiple duplicate entries in idfield=1. This is causing the optionlist to auto populate with all of the items (including the duplicate ones). Is there a way to strip out the duplicates so only unique fields are loaded in the optionlist?

Cheers

Edited by liam.baker - 08.03.2018 13:57

Moonsoft support

Hello,
you can try to configure using a 'select distinct' or 'group by' at your sql in order to discard duplicates. Here we share the official docs so you can check the syntax:

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/distinct-optimization.html

Regards

...
Support/development

Perfect for small code changes or to correct any bug at your site

Buy now!
...
Support/development 40 hours

With the peace of mind of having a professional team at your service (20% discount)

Buy now!