Skip to main content
List Manager logo
List Manager Forum

How do I make it were users can only edit the items they key in?

User moon_1104

I have registered users setup with the ability to add information to the list, but I don't want them to be able to modify, edit or delete other users items on the list.

Moonsoft support

Hi,
you can use the configuration parameters to get that function. Go to the component/module configuration and set 'See all/edit only user records' at the access control. Please find information about how to configure properly this setting at the quick guide (page 26)

http://www.moonsoft.es/images/pdf/lm_quick_guide.pdf

Hope this helps, regards

User moon_1104

That works, it now stores Joomla users with each entry, now one last question associated with this, if I hide the user from the form it won't allow them to edit their entry? any suggestions, cause I would prefer to have no usernames listed on the list.

Thanks

Moonsoft support

Hello,

You could hide user in form and in list and works as well as works now, with same users permissions to edit/delete.

Regards,

...
Support/development 10 hours

Get a bigger amount of hours for more complex tasks and get a 10% discount

Buy now!
...
Support/development

Perfect for small code changes or to correct any bug at your site

Buy now!