Forum

List Manager Support

List Manager support
Forums
Public write access is disabled. Please login

Translation in Multivaluelists - Multivalues from a sperate table 02.03.2017 09:52

Hi

Where exactly (and how) can i change the translation of multivalues?

And: Is there a way to use Name/Value form a seperate table?

thank you
Chris

Edited by galbur - 02.03.2017 09:53

Re: Translation in Multivaluelists - Multivalues from a sperate table 02.03.2017 18:53

Hi,

You can use traslation adding values to joomla translation file you want. I.e. if you have a multivalue like 1=>NAMETOVIEW, you can add NAMETOVIEW to translation files.

About the use of Name/Value from a separate table, you can do it using SQL query inside multivalue.

Hope this helps. Regards,
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es

Re: Translation in Multivaluelists - Multivalues from a sperate table 09.03.2017 16:15

Hi

Thank you very much!
SQL Query: How to do that?
Let's say i have a table "xyz_nationality", with two fields "title" and "value"?

Thank you...
Chris

Re: Translation in Multivaluelists - Multivalues from a sperate table 09.03.2017 17:10

Hi,

In this case you could try with this sql:

SELECT value, title FROM #__nationality

where we suppose xzy is joomla prefix.

Hope this helps. Regards,
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es

Re: Translation in Multivaluelists - Multivalues from a sperate table 10.03.2017 16:02

Ok

Thats seems to work. I have connection to this specific Tabel now.
But: When i try to edit the entry, i don't see any list to choose values.

What can i do?

Thank you
Chris

Re: Translation in Multivaluelists - Multivalues from a sperate table 11.03.2017 17:20

Hi,

Please ensure this field is enabled to edit at 'Configure Access Control' and is added in 'Form Layout'. If you continue couldn't see the select to choose values, you can place a private ticker in helpdesk with url and credentials to access and we'll take a look.

Regards,
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es

Re: Translation in Multivaluelists - Multivalues from a sperate table 12.03.2017 17:45

Ok

Thank you for helping. So now i can see the values in the DB Edit Mode. But now there is a new Problem:
After editing something in the DB and changing something in the new multivalue option (wtih the SQL Action) i got this error:

Unknown column 'AMTSHILFE' in 'where clause' SQL=select value from #__listmanager_field_multivalue where idobj=6 and id=AMTSHILFE

When i use the same list with a csv-action it works fine.

Thank you
Chris

Re: Translation in Multivaluelists - Multivalues from a sperate table 13.03.2017 16:07

Hi,

The main problem is that you've change the type from text, for example, to multivalue option and didn`t delete the previous data. If you change the type to multivalue, old data doesn't match the new multivalue internal code, so this is the error you could see. Delete or change the old data using backend data administrator and you'll get no error.

Regards,
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es

Re: Translation in Multivaluelists - Multivalues from a sperate table 14.03.2017 17:04

Ok

Thank you. I will try this.

Chris
Are you satisfied with our products/services/support?
Please help us to keep improving, add a review at  joomla extensions site and  magento connect

Our clients' feedback