List Manager support
Forums
Public write access is disabled. Please login

layout prob, search field prob 03.08.2016 14:01

Hi Guys,
I am new here and my first list is here:
http://2h.sen-muenchen-land.de/alarmgeber/buzzer.html

1. I dont understand how to create a filter
2. "show all" is not on same height like the search function. it does not look nice.
3. how can I create list with all my products and have categories? Example: I have 200 kitchen products altogether. On subpage A I want only to display knives and on subpage B i only want to display spoons. (but i want to create only one list altogether and put all 200 products inside so that i can have a central search for all products on the indexpage/hompage. So if one uses the search field on homepage and searches for "knives" all the knives should be shown. is it possible?

cheers and thnx!!!!

martin

Re: layout prob, search field prob 03.08.2016 15:27

Hi,
in order to create filters you must set the desired filter type at each field/column configuration (autofilter parameter). At configuration->show/hide front sections you also need to enable the 'view filter' option =YES

Regarding styles, as with any other component the final result is the combination of its inner style with the styles inherited from your template. Seems any class is adding an extra margin on top of the button, you can override at any css:

.btn-group.navbar-right.lm-marginleft2.col-xs-4 {
margin-top: 0px !important;
}

You can create a main table, storing all your products, and with the category (spoons,knives) as one of the columns. Then you can create different views of the same table. At 'views' (edit->view->new view), configure one view with category=spoons. Then you only need to publish the view (instead of the main list) at the page where you only want to show the spoons. Same for other categories. The main list will be always available to publish with all records with a central search.

Hope this helps, regards
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es

Re: layout prob, search field prob 04.08.2016 10:26

thnx, you already helped me a lot. But i dont know how to creat the view for example that on one page I see only spoons. I created new view but i dont know how to configure that. I see a table there and so on but dont know what to do....
cheers
martin

Re: layout prob, search field prob 04.08.2016 11:47

Hi,
maybe you can check the quick guide or the specific views entry at the tutorials:

https://www.moonsoft.es/easyblog/entry/35-using-views

to have an overview of the configuration. For your case, you only need to enable one filter for your column. Category=spoons to create your filtered view.

Hope this helps, regards
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es

Re: layout prob, search field prob 05.08.2016 10:11

Wau, great, your replies are quick and clear. I solved it. We just need to ce careful that we write the category correctly for you dont offer a drop down to choose the category.
but 1000 times thnx.

Re: layout prob, search field prob 05.08.2016 10:48

Does the search modul only work on pages where there is a list? I want the search on the indexpage, but without a list there. Can I hide somehow the list on homepage?
cheers, martin

Re: layout prob, search field prob 05.08.2016 15:45

Hi,
yes, the search module needs a list present to search into, otherwise it wouldn't have sense as it wouldn't have any place to show the results. You can choose to hide the list contents at configuration, until the search is launched, but you still need to have the list published there in order to have the search working.

Hope this helps,regards
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es

Re: layout prob, search field prob 05.08.2016 15:47

Wau, great, your replies are quick and clear. I solved it. We just need to ce careful that we write the category correctly for you dont offer a drop down to choose the category.
but 1000 times thnx.

Hi,
right, you need to write your filters, and this is free text, as the view can't know if there will be values that are not still loaded at the list, and also because you can use the 'starts with/ends with' filters that always require a free text to configure.

Regards
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es

Re: layout prob, search field prob 08.08.2016 11:50

- I have created a list manager module on indexpage and loaded it it on indexpage in an article
- I have created a new view "all products"
ok, now search works because i have a list on indexpage but
Probs are:
1. if I hide all the columns via "view" also in the search results there wont be any visible result.

Re: layout prob, search field prob 08.08.2016 11:54

how can I have a search field on top of the list?

Re: layout prob, search field prob 08.08.2016 18:41

Hi,
yes, if you hide your columns, then the result won't be visible even after the search, you need to use the configuration parameter 'Hide records on first load?' at front view configuration.

Regarding search field, it can be enabled at the show/hide front sections. All these settings are detailed here in case you want to take a look:

https://www.moonsoft.es/easyblog/entry/31-access-configuration-to-manage-general-settings-of-the-list

Regards
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es

Re: layout prob, search field prob 09.08.2016 11:51

thnx; I had enabled already the view of Symbol list on top under Configuration>Show/Hide, but search field is still not diplayed.

Re: layout prob, search field prob 09.08.2016 17:49

Hi,

Seems that 'Hide lists search' in List Manager search module settings (on the left of your page) is set to 'Yes'. This hide all search fields on the lists in the page.

Regards,
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es

Re: layout prob, search field prob 10.08.2016 17:14

you are great! that was it! solved.
by the way: can i get the posts per e-mail?

Re: layout prob, search field prob 11.08.2016 09:03

Hi,
do you mean this forum posts? This is not enabled sorry, if you want to keep your questions/answers at your email we suggest to use the private ticket system instead. You'll find the access at your customer area

Thanks, regards
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es
Are you satisfied with our products/services/support?
Please help us to keep improving, add a review at  joomla extensions site and  magento connect

Our clients' feedback