Forum

List Manager Support

List Manager support
Forums
Public write access is disabled. Please login

add filtering to table manager 27.10.2015 13:54

I tried posting to that forum but I did not have the ability to post there.
I was wondering if there is a way to implement the filtering for the table manager similar to how list manager does it.
My problem is how list manager is set up and inserts data into the database. I have, at the moment, 30K records and each record has 64 fields. This, when displaying/exporting records, it is extremely inefficient.

If having the search/filter capability built into table manager, what would be a cost to have you build that?

Re: add filtering to table manager 28.10.2015 16:53

Hi,
please note List Manager begun its development years before Table Manager, so that is the reason why it has much more advanced options and features. Adding all its functions to Table Manager extension would be very complex, but we could build a custom version if you could restrict more exactly your needs. The search function is already there, so about the filters, would you need for ex a text search for each column as LM has?
You can write to the custom requests email you'll find below the page or place a private ticket in order to get a quote about this work.
Anyway, regardeless of the internal db structure, we think the management of a table with 30K records*64 fields won't be very efficient if you try to export all the information and/or you try to show many records at the same time at the page, most sure you'll be facing some server restrictions in any case.

Thanks, regards

I tried posting to that forum but I did not have the ability to post there.
I was wondering if there is a way to implement the filtering for the table manager similar to how list manager does it.
My problem is how list manager is set up and inserts data into the database. I have, at the moment, 30K records and each record has 64 fields. This, when displaying/exporting records, it is extremely inefficient.

If having the search/filter capability built into table manager, what would be a cost to have you build that?

Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es
Are you satisfied with our products/services/support?
Please help us to keep improving, add a review at  joomla extensions site and  magento connect

Our clients' feedback