Forum

List Manager Support

List Manager support
Forums
Public write access is disabled. Please login

Force upper case in input text field 19.11.2013 14:05

Is it possible to force uppercase in a text field of a form. There is a CSS Class field but I am not sure how this affect the final input.

Re: Force upper case in input text field 19.11.2013 19:55

Hi,
using css you can't force user input to use uppercase, you can add a class to your css and assign it to your inputs class:

.uppercase
{
text-transform: uppercase;
}

but this changes only the view, the value of the field remains as typed, so it will be stored that way.

Regards
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es

Re: Force upper case in input text field 30.11.2013 13:16

So is there no way I can force the entry of uppercase like I can force a numeric field or an alpha field?

Re: Force upper case in input text field 01.12.2013 12:02

Hi,
not using css classes or default validators, that kind of validation can only be added using custom javascript that would be specific for your form. We could build such custom code to add to the front-end view, if you are interested in getting a quote please place a ticket at the helpdesk regarding this requirement.

Thanks, regards
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es

Re: Force upper case in input text field 04.12.2013 17:09

Can you point me in the direction of the code that edits the input for the form. I think adding the code will not be a problem for me.

Re: Force upper case in input text field 04.12.2013 17:32

Hi,
the fields are created dynamically as they are placed according to the custom html layout, so its not a simple code, but in case you want to give it a try, they are generated here:

joomla\modules\mod_listmanager\tmpl\content.php

line 958 to 973.

Hope this helps, regards
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es

Re: Force upper case in input text field 08.12.2013 12:54

Thanks for that - I have submitted a ticket for you to complete the work - complex to say the least.
Are you satisfied with our products/services/support?
Please help us to keep improving, add a review at  joomla extensions site and  magento connect

Our clients' feedback