Forum

List Manager Support

List Manager support
Forums
Public write access is disabled. Please login

? Importing existing database ? 06.08.2013 20:29

Scenario:

I have an existing sql database that was created with a similar program as List Manager. It is a simple sql database. I've tried the copy * paste a CSV version, and the SQL - well, " SQL Query to load " is another language for me. The "Help" icon just says "You can use joomla table prefix (#__) in query" - whatever that means.

Is there a way I can import the existing SQL dbase, without having to re-do the whole dbase in to List Manager?

J

Re: ? Importing existing database ? 07.08.2013 10:18

Hello,
you have to create the fields of your table first using list manager backend. Then you can load data using the csv option, or, using a query to recover records from your database.
In order to load using sql, you will need to create a query, for example if your list has two fields, something like

select field1,field2 from yourtablename

If you are not familiar with sql sintax, then you can use the csv option, export all your table data, and paste it using your preferred separators from fields and rows. Each field will be loading following same order you configured for your fields at list configuration.

Please check quick guide (pages 20/21) to see an example of the two options working.

http://www.moonsoft.es/images/pdf/lm_quick_guide.pdf

Hope this helps, regards
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es

Re: ? Importing existing database ? 15.08.2013 23:48

Hi,

I have been trying it a variety of ways, and nothing gets imported. Probably me, is this right:
I have a MySql database with 19 rows that include column names. There are 15 fields. This is a customer database that lists names, addresses, phone etcetera of customers.

The dbase was not created with List Manager (LM) though I wish it was. There is a 'Google Map' field. that when an address is entered, the mini map is displayed withing the forms.

There are some 250 listings (250 customers individual data).

The goal is to import the data in to LM, and to allow certain 'groups' to add/edit/delete and a separate access to public that can only search, ~not~ add/edit/or delete.

Back to your suggestion. Understanding our needs, do I create a whole new bunch of fields, using the same names already existing, and then import SQL?

J

Re: ? Importing existing database ? 16.08.2013 11:36

Hi,

Data is only loaded when fields are already created using List Manager backend. So you should add fields to your list at LM before launching the SQL.

Regards,
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es
Are you satisfied with our products/services/support?
Please help us to keep improving, add a review at  joomla extensions site and  magento connect

Our clients' feedback