Forum

List Manager Support

List Manager support
Forums
Public write access is disabled. Please login

Detail view to pop up 02.01.2013 20:03

As your demo (Dictionary: http://www.moonsoft.es/index.php/en/demo-listmanager-en), could you instruct me how to have the details viewable? On my site we intend to display / list some data within a table, but one of the columns would have the detail link, to showcase a description (within the pop-up).

Re: Detail view to pop up 03.01.2013 09:14

Hello,

First you should allow groups in ACL to see detail. Then, set 'Allow Changes' in module or component options to 'Yes'.

Hope this helps. Regards,
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es

Re: Detail view to pop up 03.01.2013 20:39

Thank you. But is there some demo data (similar to your demo) you can send me to import so that I can learn this better? Then I could easily see how you do things and my learning curve would not be so steep.

Re: Detail view to pop up 04.01.2013 09:51

Hello,
in fact, creating a list as we did for our example can be done following these simple steps:

- Create a new list. Add a couple of new fields, typed 'text' for example.
- Save and go to 'detail view'. Press the '1 column' button to create the detail layout automatically (this is the content the popup detail will display, you can customize it afterwards).
- Insert some data, you can use the back-end manager, or insert from query/csv format. A simple csv like this:

data11;data12;
data21;data22;
data31;data32;

will add 3 new rows to your list.
- Now enable the detail link. Go to ACL control, and ensure the 'Detail' access is enabled. Disable all other rights you don't want to show for the front-end.
- Publish your list. In order to show the 'options' column with the detail link inside, select at your module/component parameters the 'Allow changes' option the value to 'Yes'.

You will get a non-editable list, but with detail popup enabled,that should do the work.
Regards
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es

Re: Detail view to pop up 07.01.2013 17:47

Got it, thank you. But how do we de-activate the Edit link/icon (after the detail link/icon). We have disabled the add/delete and edit all fields, but the edit icon is still available (add/delete icon is gone, and that is ok). How do we have the edit icon not show on the front end?

Re: Detail view to pop up 07.01.2013 19:52

Also, some of the data within the group of the list may have additional details. Hence the details icon for a few names and no details icon for some. How can I do this?

Re: Detail view to pop up 08.01.2013 09:16

Hello,
the 'edit' link shows when 'edit(all fields)' is checked for the user group, or, if there is another individual field marked for edition. Please ensure you have deactivated every other check at acl page excepting the detail column. If the link still shows, then we'd like to check your page, please paste your url or send a private message at the helpdesk, because we can't reproduce here.

About your second question, you can enable/disable the detail option for the whole list, or restrict the link to some joomla groups, but once the detail option is enabled for the group, it will show for every row of the table, not sure if this is what you are trying to get.

Regards
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es
Are you satisfied with our products/services/support?
Please help us to keep improving, add a review at  joomla extensions site and  magento connect

Our clients' feedback