Forum

Calc Builder Support

Calc Builder support
Forums
Public write access is disabled. Please login

Linked List not working 13.01.2012 16:37

Hi,

I'm trying to use a Linked list following the Guide -- but it is not working:

- I have an option list with variable "sistema" and a linked list with the variable "sistema_modulos"

- After that I've tryied to link the options the same way but it is not working

You can see the lists here http://www.safesystem.com.br/2011/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50&Itemid=75

I can send you a login to back end if you want it -- send by e-mail

Thanks

Re: Linked List not working 14.01.2012 08:26

Hello,

We see your page and has errors in javascript. Maybe your template is using jquery. Calcbuilder use Mootools because it´s joomla javascript framework. Using jquery in joomla may produce some problems. You can try it using default template to test it.
If this is the problem and if you want to use this template, we suggest you to use jQuery.noConflict() in order to avoid javascript errors.

Hope this helps,

Moonsoft Team
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es

Re: Linked List not working 14.01.2012 20:00

Please can you be more specific?

It will be very frustrating to pay for this component and this is the best support you can offer.

Re: Linked List not working 14.01.2012 20:52

Ok, sorry but we thought it was specific enough, let's try again. What we suggest is that you can enable the default joomla template and try the calculator again.If this works, your issue is due to your template,which is using a library that is making yor site crash.
Please try this as a first step in order to point out the problem
Best regards
Moonsoft Team
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es

Re: Linked List not working 15.01.2012 00:28

Yeah that worked -- On default Joomla theme the Linked List is working.

Now, how can I solve this JS problem ?

Re: Linked List not working 15.01.2012 09:49

Ok, this means your template should be fixed, it will break other components you install otherwise. The problem is that it includes a library(jQuery) no compatible with joomla core(mootols). They only can live together if the component that includes jQuery, in your case your template, includes this line

jQuery.noConflict();

just after the library declaration. We also stated your template doesn't include the core libraries, so the default joomla calendar is crashing as well, not even reaching our code. We suggest to ask for a fix or to edit the template, if you want to try it for yourself:

Just before this section:

<script src="/2011/templates/theme555/scripts/jquery.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

add the core library needed, to get this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/media/system/js/mootools.js"></script>
<script src="/2011/templates/theme555/scripts/jquery.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Hope this helps,
Moonsoft Team

Edited by MSTeam - 15.01.2012 10:57
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es

Re: Linked List not working 16.01.2012 17:42

OK, nice !

Adding the mootols JS line fixed the problem.

Can't see any other component broken because of the both libraries working at the same time -- but if that happens I already know where is the problem.

Thanks for the help.
Are you satisfied with our products/services/support?
Please help us to keep improving, add a review at  joomla extensions site and  magento connect

Our clients' feedback