Forum

Calc Builder Support

Calc Builder support
Forums
Public write access is disabled. Please login

Salary calculation/prediction application questions... 11.01.2012 13:05

Hi

I'm looking to build a salary calculation tool based on some research we have had done. This involves...

A form with a series of questions

Each question has a 'mark' or score

The scores are added together to give total out of 110

This total is then used to calculate the salary. Our data includes three data points an upper, lower and median salary. We would output these three values from the mark.

Am I looking at the right component to do this?

Thanks for your help/input

Stuart

Edited by theblackbubble - 11.01.2012 14:08

Re: Salary calculation/prediction application questions... 11.01.2012 13:14

Hello,
according to your description, this can be built with calcbuilder. You can build your form with questions to answer with a check, displaying a list with options, or allowing multiple options with a set of checks. Then at the code section you can recover the values selected and (maybe helped with a data table, which we call 'non-output matrix'), get or calculate the values to show at the output table.
Please let us know if you have more questions,
best regards
Moonsoft Team
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es

Re: Salary calculation/prediction application questions... 11.01.2012 15:40

Hello Moonsoft Team!

Many thanks for the reply!

I've purchased the component today, butI'm not great with the code.

Can you help me build it?

Thanks
Stuart

Re: Salary calculation/prediction application questions... 11.01.2012 15:53

Hi,
we suggest to start from a template, your calculator is very similar to one of the examples you can download and import.
Please check download section of the calcbuilder, and import this calculator
Sum values of selected lines

It displays the sum of the selected lines, which is the first part of your calculator. You should only add your own questions and change the values of the added values as needed at the code.

Once you get the result, you can also check

Using a non-output matrix

calculator, this will show you how to recover data from a table accessing through the first column as a key.

If you want us to code it, we also have a calculator custom service, for which we can build your calculator and send it ready to import.

Best regards
Moonsoft Team
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es

Re: Salary calculation/prediction application questions... 13.01.2012 13:11

Hi

Your help has been brilliant in giving me the heads-up as confirming the tool can perform the calculations.

I'm also interested in storing the results, similar to this thread...

http://components.moonsoft.es/index.php?option=com_discussions&view=thread&catid=2:cbsupport&thread=101:external-sql-tables

Can we talk more about this and formatting privately?

Thanks
Stuart

Re: Salary calculation/prediction application questions... 14.01.2012 08:34

Hello,

Calcbuilder in last version save each 'calculation' to use it in statistics. So, you have this info in your database right now. But if you have more private questions or if you want a custom development, you can send us an email to gestion@moonsoft.es .

Thanks. Regards,

Moonsoft Team
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es
Are you satisfied with our products/services/support?
Please help us to keep improving, add a review at  joomla extensions site and  magento connect

Our clients' feedback