Forum

List Manager Support

List Manager support
Forums
No se permite escribir sin estar logado. Por favor, login

Sorting foreign characters in auto-filter select 22.02.2018 15:10

My list is in Swedish and we have the characters ÅÄÖ. In auto-filter select list the characters are ordered as AAO. How can I make the list order correctly according to Swedish standard?

Re: Sorting foreign characters in auto-filter select 23.02.2018 09:57

Hi,
can you please specify which type did you use for that column/field? Is a free text field where users type or any other type like sql or manual list configured by you? We'll reproduce here and let you know how to fix.

Thanks, regards
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es

Re: Sorting foreign characters in auto-filter select 23.02.2018 14:50

The select list in the filter module is generated from a type text field. Thanks!

Re: Sorting foreign characters in auto-filter select 26.02.2018 10:21

I also have a filter field type number that sorts incorrectly. I have numbers 1-14 and the select list sorts 1, 10,11,12,13,14,2,3,4. Do I need to add leading zero to all one digit values or can I make it work another way?

Re: Sorting foreign characters in auto-filter select 26.02.2018 12:11

Hi,

We made some tests and seems to be working. Can you please place a private ticket at Helpdesk sharing a url and administrator credentials?

Thanks. Regards,
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es

Re: Sorting foreign characters in auto-filter select 27.02.2018 10:04

Thanks for your trouble. However I solved the issue. I changed the collate on the field value in #__listmanager_values to utf8_swedish_ci and that did the trick.

Re: Sorting foreign characters in auto-filter select 27.02.2018 10:10

Hi,
perfect, great it worked. Thank you very much for sharing!
Regards
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es
Are you satisfied with our products/services/support?
Please help us to keep improving, add a review at  joomla extensions site and  magento connect

Lo que nuestros clientes opinan de nosotros