Forum

List Manager Support

List Manager support
Forums
No se permite escribir sin estar logado. Por favor, login

control records at user level 06.08.2017 01:34

Not finding how to do this. Can I control a record where only the author of that record can view it or edit it (besides the admins)?

Re: control records at user level 07.08.2017 10:49

Hi,
not sure if we've understood your question sorry. You have already a list that you've published using the 'Access control'='Only user records' setting right? . Those records will be accessed by the user who creates/edits them, also by admin at the backend, and you could also create a new menu/module publishing the same list, give access only to your user group for ex, but with this setting saved as 'Access control'='Full' in order to allow the access.
Hope this solves your question, please let us know if you need further help.
Regards
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es

Re: control records at user level 10.08.2017 23:11

thank you for the reply. I have the first part done and only "Only user records" has been selected under List Manager Main Options. And this list is viewed through the Menu. However I cannot find out how to select "Full" access for the menu as I am not finding this option.

Re: control records at user level 10.08.2017 23:52

I went through Joomla and all settings. There is only the one setting for Access Control under "Menu: Edit Item" then under "List Manager Main Options". If I change this to Full access then all users can access all records. If I change this to Only User Records then no one can see anything.

Re: control records at user level 11.08.2017 01:23

Hi again. I have been looking at this for the past several hours and cannot determine how to give user access to just their records in the list. Seems like it is all or nothing for every user no matter what changes I make. And the site is simple now where there is just a form to add records and a view to see and edit current records. the form and the view are connected directly through the menu. Any suggestions you have to help with this would be great. thank you again.

Re: control records at user level 11.08.2017 08:37

Hi,

You configuration seems to be ok, maybe you have no user field in your list or this user field has no value for users you're testing.

Regards,
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es

Re: control records at user level 11.08.2017 22:43

Hi - this might be the issue. My form does not have a user field in it as I was assuming that it would be tied to the user logged into Joomla so when they completed the form that record would be tied to the user logged in. Is this incorrect?

thank you for all your help with this

Re: control records at user level 11.08.2017 23:26

Hi - based on your comment I was able to figure out the issue and now I can make this feature work. thank you for all your help.
Are you satisfied with our products/services/support?
Please help us to keep improving, add a review at  joomla extensions site and  magento connect

Lo que nuestros clientes opinan de nosotros