Forum

List Manager Support

List Manager support
Forums
No se permite escribir sin estar logado. Por favor, login

3 issues from a brand new user 13.12.2013 19:00

I'm liking what I see, by and large, so far, but there are some issues (actually more than the title suggests once I'd started writing) I'm coming up against. I downloaded last night so have the latest version.

Project: Multiple dealers from the frontend adding records. They need to be able to add, edit and delete their own records, but not even see other dealer's records. The admin will need to see all, and I can do a "Special" menu item for that to an unrestricted list (that's what I seem to read anyway).

1. I want to populate a field called "Dealer" with the name from the Joomla USERS database. I know that I do that with an SQL query which, I believe, should be SELECT ID,name FROM #___users - please let me know if that's correct. The problem is, when I click ADD an SQL query, the pop up is 1/2 off the screen at the top so I cannot see my entry. This is not the only place I discovered this. Seems like the code centers the box left to right but places the top of the box at the absolute top of the screen, but under the browser menus. It's like the Z height is wrong. It should be centered/centered anyway. See image at www.ckdev.info/Untitled 4.jpg. (Please allow posting of images in the forum - this is basic functionality!)

2. I read about a parameter called "Only User Records". Can't find this to save myself - where is it? - NEVERMIND - FOUND IT UNDER THE MENU ITEM FOR LM - WAS EXPECTING IT IN LM ITSELF.

3. The splash page when selecting List Manager from the components menu. Please remove - just plain annoying and adds nothing to the user experience - we already know we're going there. Why add another click to the process?

4. My project will only have 2 pages. A front page which will be a basic welcome page for dealers and anyone else who strays onto the site with a login. The other page will be LM and it's functions. On the main page I want to have the list filter module showing. However, I had it selected for all menus originally, so it also appeared on the front page. The main LM component, obviously, did not appear on the front page. Trying to navigate to the front page in this setup gave the following error:

Warning: require_once(/home/unavaila/public_html/access/modules/mod_listmanagerfilterDShelper.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/unavaila/public_html/access/modules/mod_listmanagerfilter/mod_listmanagerfilter.php on line 17

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/unavaila/public_html/access/modules/mod_listmanagerfilterDShelper.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/unavaila/public_html/access/modules/mod_listmanagerfilter/mod_listmanagerfilter.php on line 17

5. On the add an entry form it's justification and layout are kind of strange. I have set up my form thus:

Date: ##date##
Dealer: ##dealer##
Client: ##client##
Address: ##address##
City: ##city##
State: ##state##
Email: ##email##
Phone: ##phone##
ID: ##id##

but www.ckdev.info/Untitled 5.jpg shows how it appears. Labels right justified and as 2 lines, not inline, then ID shoved over to the right. It's less of an issue for this project as it's not for the general public, but I would like it to behave if I use it on a more public setting.

6. Please change your forum to a more user useful/friendly package. No WYSWYG editor, file attachment, search, My topics, etc is very behind the times. Thanks.

7. Adding options/selectable items. Currently this must be done 1 at a time. I added just the states - tedious! There should be a bulk way of doing this - either import from a CSV or being able to drop in a whole list of options at once. One at a time is slow.

8. If you use the search box above the record table or the LM filter module, then select export to Excel (Filtered) that works fine. If you try Export to PDF (Filtered) you get a page "500 - View not found [name, type, prefix]: serverpages, pdf, listmanagerView"

9. If you click the filters icon in the main records box, the column names disappear and you're left with empty boxes to type in. I don't mind the typing but I think the column headings should stay. (www.ckdev.info/Untitled 6.jpg)

Edited by moon_1382 - 13.12.2013 19:01

Edited by moon_1382 - 13.12.2013 19:10

Edited by moon_1382 - 13.12.2013 19:33

Edited by moon_1382 - 13.12.2013 20:19

Re: 3 issues from a brand new user 13.12.2013 19:52

Hi,
thanks for your comments, please find below ours following your numbers:

1. Popup not centered. It's a css issue, we have seen it before on a joomla 3 template. The template css overwrittes one of the properties of the popup window, please check if at your template css you have something like

div.modal.fade.in{
top:10%
}

that may be overwritting lm css which centers the popup:
.modal.fade.in{
top:50%
}

Removing the template style should show the popup as configured, anyway we'll manage to overcome this for the next version. If you download in a couple of hours (even with the same version number), surely it will be already included.

2. The parameter Only User Records is at the basic parameters of the component/module inside 'access control' just below the list selection.

3. OK, we'll take note of your suggestion.

4. You should only publish search/compare modules on same pages where a list is available, but anyway we can't reproduce that error here. Seems like the directory separator '/' is not properly set , the path should be

/home/unavaila/public_html/access/modules/mod_listmanagerfilter/helper.php
instead of
/home/unavaila/public_html/access/modules/mod_listmanagerfilterDShelper.php

And that kind of error should show on every page, not only without list. Let us know if it works ok on the page where you really want to show the filter, we could point you how to fix the path separator manually, now we're using the default server configuration variable.

5. The fields are generated inside some tags, depending on the style they can be forced to 'clear' line. You can:
- create the automatic 1 column layout. Maybe at your editor bootstrap classes will not show, but it will force a good arrangement of the labels&fields at the front end.
- create other kind of structure to ensure fields position, like floating divs or tables.

6. We have restricted most of the forum functions due to security reasons. Also we have some other extensions where the forum exchanges source code where a wyswyg editor is not a good idea. We have a helpdesk system where attachments are allowed, at the customer area.

7. The options (for the option lists, radiobuttons, multiple option check and multiple option list), can be created manually, loading csv, or entering sql query, not sure of which selectable items are you refering to.

Hope this helps, regards
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es

Re: 3 issues from a brand new user 13.12.2013 20:38

Thanks for the quick reply. You'll see I added an 8 & 9 at the bottom of my original post. I've pasted them here for your convenience:

8. If you use the search box above the record table or the LM filter module, then select export to Excel (Filtered) that works fine. If you try Export to PDF (Filtered) you get a page "500 - View not found [name, type, prefix]: serverpages, pdf, listmanagerView"

9. If you click the filters icon in the main records box, the column names disappear and you're left with empty boxes to type in. I don't mind the typing but I think the column headings should stay. (www.ckdev.info/Untitled 6.jpg)

I'll grab the new version later today and check that's sorted out the positioning issue with the pop ups.

The page rendered correctly with the filter module when the records table was displayed. I then saw that this is really a duplicate of the icons in the records table anyway and turned it off.

I'll play more with the form layout - maybe just go for the default 1 column layout and be done with it for now.

The options I added under the State field. I selected Type: Option List, which then gave me the ability under Multivalues to select Actions : Add and add each of the States. I just noticed CSV Actions: Add - should I have used that to import the State list instead in one hit?

This is a great little component and is going to work perfectly for us. Thank you.

Re: 3 issues from a brand new user 14.12.2013 16:57

Hi,
thanks for your comments, please find below ours following your numbers:

1. Popup not centered. It's a css issue, we have seen it before on a joomla 3 template. The template css overwrittes one of the properties of the popup window, please check if at your template css you have something like

div.modal.fade.in{
top:10%
}

that may be overwritting lm css which centers the popup:
.modal.fade.in{
top:50%
}

Removing the template style should show the popup as configured, anyway we'll manage to overcome this for the next version. If you download in a couple of hours (even with the same version number), surely it will be already included.

The new version has fixed the initial pop up - thanks. However, if, once you've entered your code, you select "Preview", this pop up still behave like the now fixed one did, and it's right at the top and unreadable.

Re: 3 issues from a brand new user 16.12.2013 11:38

Hello,

Preview Pop-up is fixed in new release. Please download it again at Customer Area and test it.

Regards,
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es

Re: 3 issues from a brand new user 16.12.2013 12:07

Hello,

We couldn´t reproduce here. If you want us to take a look at your site, please place a ticket in helpdesk with credentials.

Solved in latest release.

I just noticed CSV Actions: Add - should I have used that to import the State list instead in one hit?

Maybe. Some prefer using csv as an easy way to add data to option list.

Thanks. Regards,
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es

Re: 3 issues from a brand new user 16.12.2013 18:51

The new release has an error. When I log into the frontend I get this error:

1146 - Table 'unavaila_access.igu8d__users' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT ID,name FROM igu8d__users

I think the error is an extra "_" that exists between "igu8d" and "users". Shouldn't this read igu8d_users not igu8d__users? I'm no programmer so I'm guessing a bit, but the table most definitely exists and has data in it.

Edited by moon_1382 - 16.12.2013 18:52

Re: 3 issues from a brand new user 17.12.2013 09:40

Hello,

You could access table (check table names using phpmyadmin or any other database manager) using its name including prefix this way:

SELECT ID,name FROM igu8d_users

or use Joomla prefix(http://docs.joomla.org/Database_Table_Prefix) like this:

SELECT ID,name FROM #__users

Regards,
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es

Re: 3 issues from a brand new user 17.12.2013 17:01

I do not understand your reply at all. The table exists, it has data in it - nothing changed except the new version of the component was uploaded.

Re: 3 issues from a brand new user 17.12.2013 18:40

Hi,
we suggest to double-check or empty any sql you may have set at the option lists fields, because that query is not launched at default lm code, and its not happening with new version here, so we guess its a query that is stored at some configuration step. If you want us to take a look, please open a new ticket at the helpdesk and share an access for us to be able to reproduce.

Thanks, regards
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es

Re: 3 issues from a brand new user 17.12.2013 19:01

Figured it out - when I added the SQL query, I must have mistakenly added the extra "_" to it, which, in turn, showed in the error I was seeing. I can get access now thanks.

I am still having some issues so I will add a ticket as I want to give you access.
Are you satisfied with our products/services/support?
Please help us to keep improving, add a review at  joomla extensions site and  magento connect

Lo que nuestros clientes opinan de nosotros