Forum

Calc Builder Support

Calc Builder support
Forums
No se permite escribir sin estar logado. Por favor, login

Export Excel Calculator 31.03.2015 20:15

Please can you direct me to some directions on how to export and then import an excel calculator. Thanks, Jamie

Re: Export Excel Calculator 01.04.2015 09:16

Hello,
sorry but not sure if we fully understand your question. If you're asking about how to build a calculator using an excel, you will find all basic steps at the quick guide:
https://www.moonsoft.es/images/pdf/cb_quick_guide.pdf

(Page 35-How to build your calculator from Excel)

You also have available a video at demo section where you can follow the full proccess.

https://www.moonsoft.es/en/demo-calcbuilder-en
(Build a calculator from excel)

If your question is regarding about how to import/export calculators to move them to another site, then you have to save them to xml using 'save' icon next to each calculator and then 'import' using toolbar icon at the destination site.

Please let us know if you need more help with this.

Thanks, regards
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es

Re: Export Excel Calculator 08.04.2015 13:21

Thanks. That is what I was looking for. I'm having a bit of trouble though and maybe you can suggest the best way forward. Iam using a Vlookup on an excel calculator that is calling up different prices for different levels of accommodation according to number of guests (1 guest is prices differently than 2 or 3, or 4 or 5 etc). Would it be easier to make this calculator using excel or simply to make a vlookup using the coding you have made available in the module?

I have started using the upload spreadsheet option but I have gotten stuck with regards to input field options. It seems that there are so many varialbes that could be wrong that I might be best just starting from scratch and making a new calculator. What do you think?

Re: Export Excel Calculator 08.04.2015 16:30

Hi,
usually when you already have a working spreadsheet the easiest way is to map your calculator inputs to the proper cells, so you will avoid any coding or rewritting all your excel expressions in php.

We can suggest to try to map at the output some additional intermediate cells, so you can print and check at the calculator output if there is any problem with the calculation at any point. As far as we know, the vlookup function is working properly so it should return same values than the spreadsheet does. Different results can be due to any problem with the data format (for example if you send to the excel a date with different format than expected).

You can place a private ticket at the helpdesk and attach your spreadsheet zipped there, so we can take a look and give you some tips about how to configure.

Regards
Moonsoft Team
www.moonsoft.es
Are you satisfied with our products/services/support?
Please help us to keep improving, add a review at  joomla extensions site and  magento connect

Lo que nuestros clientes opinan de nosotros