Preferences, export and email options (+ Mailchimp integration)
You can configure the following parameters for each of your calculators:
- Hide calculate button: enable this option to hide the default calculate button. Each time an input field is changed, the calculator will lauch automatically and display the result section.
- Throws calculate on init page: enable this option to launch a calculation when the form first loads.
- Calculate button text: label to be shown for the button ‘Calculate’.
- Import CSS Bootstrap: From joomla 3.0, bootstrap style classes are already loaded by default. If you are using older joomla version you can choose to import this framework, or use your default template style.
- View results in modal window: Enable this option to show the result section inside a pop-up layer instead of its default position below the calculator.
- View reset button/show info title/show send by email/show export to pdf/show export to excel: Enable/disable these options to hide/show different options of the calculator.
- Email subject: Enter the subject text for emails sent by the calculator.
- Show last calculator inputs: Select if you want to store last input data from each user attached to its joomla user or a cookie for his system. Next time he visits the calculator page, the input data will be loaded by default.
- Frontend date format: Fill your preferred date format according to your location. Click the helper link to get information about formats available. You can also check official jquery datepicker options here
- Front end number format: Configure your decimal and thousand separators you will allow for user input
Note: these separators will be valid for user input. If you need to format your results in order to print the calculator output , you must use the number format function at the code section, check an example downloading the 'formatting numbers' example calculator or following the tutorial.
Upload files preferences
You should fill this configuration section if you plan to include an upload file field type to your calculator form. Here you can set:
- Upload Max size: Max size allowed for each file uploaded (in Mb)
Note: This restriction will work always under your server settings. If you have set at your server limits a maximum upload size of 5 Mb, you can set here 1 or 3 Mb, but never 10Mb.
- File extensions/file mimetypes: Set restrictions (comma separated) of the file types or mimetypes you will allow to upload.
- Folder to store files: Select a server folder inside jour images/stories joomla folder to save the images uploaded by your users.
- Max upload files: The upload field allows several files selection, limit number of files to be uploaded in a single form submission setting this parameter.
- Upload file preffix: Select a unique identifier preffix for your files (datetime and/or user id, calculator id..) to avoid user files are overwritten when uploaded with same name.
Using this tab you can select exported pdf files orientation (portrait/landscape), and choose if you want to include the input and/or the output of the calculator for the document. Below you have available two extra html sections to include headers and footers. Both header and footer will be included when exporting to pdf or excel, and to email content as well.
Email preferences/Mailchimp integration
At this tab you will configure if you want to send automatic emails when the calculator is launched. The content of the email will be the one configured at 'print' export preferences commented above, including input and/or output form, together with free text before or after them.
You can set several destinations for your email, typing the email addresses (semicolon separated) directly at the fields for 'To', 'CC', or 'BCC', and include emails inserted by users at the form, selecting the field where the email is collected at the combobox.
If you have a mailchimp account and you want to add automatically your users to any list, you can configure your API key and the list where you want to add the contact. Then you can select which fields should be sent for your new entry (fields containing the email, name and last name of your new user)Last modified on